This page provides details of any changes in our Masjid or Madrassah introduced during the Coronavirus outbreak.
We’re experiencing an exceptionally uncertain time as we see the continued spread of COVID-19 virus. It is our duty to be mindful of others specially at such times. Therefore, you are kindly requested to adapt to these short term changes and adhere to them in the most strictest manner.
REGISTER YOUR EMAIL to receive general updates and any changes at our Masjid or Madrassah that might be affected by the coronavirus outbreak. REGISTER NOW
Updated: 7 July 2020
Masjid-e-Raza Opens for prayers
Effective from: 4 July 2020
Alhumdolillah we’re please to inform you that after over a 100 days of lockdown, we have opened up the masjid (in conjunction with the current government guidelines).
If you have any Covid-19 symptoms such as fever, headache, cough or runny nose, please stay home, protect yourselves and others.
Perform whudu at home
Bring a prayer mat
Bring a mask
Bring a bag to place your footwear
Register your details on entry
Sanitise your hands on entry and exit
Follow the “1 metre +” social distancing in the Masjid
Follow the one way system
Pray at the designated areas (marked in prayer hall)
You may leave after Jamaat and finish your remaining prayer at home
Do not gather outside masjid
Doors will be locked at Jamaat time (arrive early)
Two Jummahs will take place with limited capacity, entry to Masjid is based on first come first serve.
Current guidelines may change based on government announcements.
Following the said guidelines, will help minimise any possible transmission of the coronavirus.
We appreciate your kind cooperation.
Updated: 23 March 2020
Masjid-e-Raza Operational Changes
Effective from: 23 March 2020
It is with deep regret to inform you that due to the continued transmission of the Coronavirus, and the severity its presenting, Masjid-e-Raza will now close until further notice. This difficult decision was made considering the spike of new cases and deaths in the UK and now, around Lancashire.
Therefore, we had to take such measures ultimately, for the safety and well being of our members and more importantly the community at large.
Please note, internally, the Masjid will continue the Adhan, Salah regularly in accordance to the Islamic Shariah.
Each Thursday, we also plan to have Zikr and Dua which you can listen to on Masjid Radio or directly from the website
Stay connected: If you have any concerns, questions or ideas, please feel free to post them on our messageboard.
Effective from: 20 March 2020
Until: Indefinite (TBA)
In response to the spread of the Coronavirus, we have decided to close the Madrassah (Noorani Education Centre), from Monday 20 March 2020 until further notice. You will be updated via Masjid Radio / Website / Social Media about any return date. In the meantime, however, we will be disinfecting the full madrassah building.
The teachers will shortly be briefing the students of any studying they can do at home, this will mainly be reciting the Quran and revision of the work they’ve done throughout the term.
Changes to Jumu’ah (Friday) Prayers
Effective from: 13 March 2020
- Avoid attending the Masjid if you are feeling mildly unwell (fever, cough, sneezing etc.).
Instead read Dhuhr Salāh at home.
- Please try to perform Wudū at home. Use the masjid facilities only if absolutely necessary.
When you enter the masjid, wash your hands and feet properly before entering the prayer hall.
- Avoid sharing towels. Bring your own, or if the Masjid provides, use the small towels and place them in the “used” basket.
- In Salāh you are allowed to clean your nose using only one hand. If you need to sneeze, surpress the sneeze, and sneeze into a tissue or if not possible, into your arm (by lifting only one arm near the nose).
Lifting both hands, or using both hands to clean the nose or to cough will render the Prayers Makrūh Tahrimī.
- Attendees should try to offer Sunnāh & Nawāfil prayers at home if they can unless you’re not going home straight after.
- Avoid physical contact such as handshakes & hugging if you are feeling unwell, diabetic, high blood pressure, elderly or have any type of health issues.
- Read the advice on hygiene literature displayed at prominent points in the masjid and use the sanitisers provided at the entrance of the masjid.
- Congregation members aged 60+ years and those with health conditions are at an increased risk and should consider taking precautions.
- Call 111 NHS helpline number if you are think you have symptoms of a coronovirus type flu.
جزاك الله خيرا for your patience & understanding.
Please forward this message to others who are known to you, who regularly attend the masjid but who may not be on this group.
Stay connected: If you have any concerns, questions or ideas that people may find helpful, please feel free to post them on our temporary messageboard below.